| Job Title: Summer Internship |
The New York City Department of Education is seeking highly energetic college students to work in units of the Office of School Support Services for the Summer of 2013. Positions are both field and office based and range from field audit functions to clerical support in offices. Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume and transcripts no later than April 8, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be currently enrolled in college classes pursuing a degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, in order to qualify. Salary is $9.76/hour.
| Job Title: SchoolFood Manager |
School Food Service Manager
The New York City Department of Education is seeking qualified School Food Service Managers to direct the food service program in NYC schools.
SchoolFood is committed to promoting healthy food choices among our students and maintaining high nutritional standards while offering delicious, healthy and satisfying menu choices. We serve over 560,000 lunches daily along with 190,000 breakfast meals and a combination of 114,000 snacks and suppers supporting after school programs.
The School Food Service Managers play an integral role in ensuring quality services to the students by administering operations and food services administration within a grouping of schools. Relationships will be fostered with administrators within the schools, directors and administrators within the Office of School Support Services and food services staff.
The position is 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. The salary for the position is $36,856 and we offer a great benefits package along with potential to earn vacation and sick days.Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Plans and reviews menus according to USDA regulations; ensures maximum utilization of foods donated by the Federal Government.
- Makes assignments, supervises and trains personnel, and directs and evaluates their work; prepares payroll for employees.
- Educates students on the importance of eating healthy meals, interprets school lunch objectives to principals, teachers, students and parents.
- Supervises and ensures that cost per meal is maintained at acceptable levels.
- Prepares required records and reports.
- Is responsible for increasing participation in the Breakfast and Lunch programs.
- Performs related work.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college with a major in nutrition, foods, dietetics, health and nutrition sciences with a concentration in foods and nutrition, home economics, culinary arts, baking and pastry arts, hotel/restaurant institutional management, food service entrepreneurship, food service administration, or a closely related field; or
- An associate degree from an accredited college with a major in nutrition, foods, dietetics, health and nutrition sciences with a concentration in foods and nutrition, home economics, culinary arts, baking and pastry arts, hotel/restaurant institutional management, food service entrepreneurship, food service administration, or a closely related field, and two years of satisfactory fulltime experience in managing a restaurant or quantity food service operation, or as a nutritionist or dietitian.
- Demonstrated successful management
- Ability to prepare and communicate clear and concise reports and arguments
- Demonstrated capability in implementation of policies and procedures
To apply please send your resume to SchoolFoodRecruitment@schools.nyc.gov